Tournament of Champions
To qualify for this event two entrants must be designated as a team on the entry forms for the qualifying events that they participated in. A member of a qualified team whose partner can't attend this event can join together with another qualified member to create an eligible team. To qualify a member must enter a minimum of five events during the season and must accumulate 160 or more points in their best five events in any one division. A qualified member can fish alone. The 2017 Tournament of Champions will take place on Sept. 22nd and Sept. 23 and will be held on Pools 7 & 8 of the Mississippi River in Lacrosse, Wisconsin (Clinton Street Boat Launch). Entry fees for the Tournament of Champions will be $240 which includes first and second big bass entries for both days. There will be a mandatory rules meeting for all contestant participating in the 2017 Tournament of Champions. This meeting will take place inside the AmericInn hotel meeting room, 1835 Rose St, La Crosse, WI 54603, at 5:00pm on Thursday September 21, 2017. Both members of a two man team must attend and sign in upon arriving at the meeting and sign out at after the meeting concludes. Entry Forms must be filled out in full and signed by all participants.
Anglers Dream reserves the right to change the time and/or date of any event due to unsafe conditions or unforeseen circumstances.
1. SAFETY: Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard approved life preserver whenever the combustion engine is operating. All boats must be equipped with an ignition kill switch. A lanyard is to be attached to the boat kill switch and operator any time the combustion engine is operating.
2. SPORTSMANSHIP: Tournament competitors are expected to adhere to high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal possession or use of a controlled substance during the tournament or tournament functions will be grounds for disqualification from that event and all further Anglers Dream events. Any contestants cited for a violation of state, marine, fishing or conservation laws will be disqualified.
3. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures may be used. (No live or prepared bait will be allowed with the exception of pork strips, rinds, etc.) Commercial fish attractants are allowed. Only one casting or spinning rod, 8’ maximum length may be used at any time.
4. HORSEPOWER REGULATIONS: Only Boats and Motors that are in compliance with the B.I.A. horsepower rating will be allowed to participate.
5. BASIC BOAT EQUIPMENT: Every boat must have all required Coast Guard safety equipment, in addition to a live well properly aerated to adequately maintain a live five bass team limit.
6. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Fishing on tournament waters, Mississippi River Pools 7 and 8 is permitted anywhere except those areas designated off limits on the day of the tournament or within 50 yards of another competitor’s boat which was first anchored. Competitors may not have any location reserved or saved by either another competitor or non-competitor during the event. All angling must be done from the boat. Contestants may not depart the boat to retrieve a fish. The boat must remain in legal tournament waters on tournament days. Both team members must remain in the boat at all times except in the case of dire emergency.
7. OFFICIAL CHECK POINT: There shall be only one (1) official point for check out in the morning and check in for the afternoon. At the time of check out all boats are expected to be within full compliance of the rules.
8. SCORING: Tournament standing and final winners shall be determined by the pound and fraction of a pound of each teams catch during the two days of the event. Only largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass will be weighed. All contestants are bound by the prevailing statutes and regulations of the state in which they are participating. All bass must be caught live and in a conventional sporting manner. Any fish deemed caught foul hooked will not be weighed. At no time shall a team have more than 5 fish in possession during the event. In the event that a team has more fish in their possession than the described limit, tournament officials shall cull the fish starting with the largest fish down to the five fish tournament limit. Culling fish is allowed. No dead fish are to be culled during the event.
9. DEAD FISH PENALTY: A penalty of one-half (1/2) of a pound will be deducted for each dead fish brought in at the time of weigh-in.
10. ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to anglers of either sex who are members of Anglers Dream. One member of each team must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. B.A.S.S. elite series and FLW touring professionals are not eligible.
11. REGISTRATION: An official Anglers Dream entry form must be filled out and signed by both participants for each event they fish. Both members of the team must be present for the registration.
12. STARTING POSITIONS: Starting positions will be computer drawn at 4:00pm September 21 prior to the mandatory pre tournament meeting.
13. SUBSTITUTION: No substitutes allowed during the Tournament of Champions. Two qualified members may fish together and would be considered a qualified team.
14. PAIRINGS: This is a “fish with your buddy” tournament. Two anglers per boat. Angling or non-angling guest are not permitted. Anglers Dream and/or the Tournament Director Reserves the right to refuse entry of any person.
15. PRE-TOURNAMENT PRACTICE: Practice or Scouting of fish will be allowed with the following exceptions. No fishing or boating will be allowed on the tournament waters from 4:30 pm September 21 until the start of the tournament the following morning. After day one weigh in, participants will not be allowed on tournament water until take off on day two.
16. Off LIMITS: The legal tournament fishing areas are pools 7 and 8 on the Mississippi River. All other Pools of the Mississippi River will be off limits. The tournament check in area immediately in front of the Clinton Street boat ramp will be off limits.
17. NO WAKE ZONES: All no wake zones and areas are NO PASS zones unless the boat being passed is fishing, gives permission to pass, is inoperable.
18. SHORT FISH PENALTY: Any fish presented for weigh-in by a contestant that fails to measure the 14" minimum size limit shall not be counted in the days totals. In addition, the largest fish of that days catch for that team shall also be culled.
19. LATE PENALTY: Competitors who have not arrived at the appointed time shall be penalized one pound per each minute that they are late. Any team over ten minutes late will lose credit for that days entire catch.
20. TIES: In the event of a tie the tying teams will split the prizes.
21. BREAKDOWNS: In the case of a break down a team can get towed back to the ramp. Prior to the tow the team in the broke down boat must contact the tournament director 219-512-6581. Both members of the team in the broke down boat must remain in their boats and cease fishing for the remainder of the day. A team can not change boats during the day and must return in the same boat that they had checked in that morning. In case of a dire emergency call 911 first. TowBoatUS Phone Number 270-362-8364.
22. COMPLIANCE: It shall be the sole responsibility of all entrants to comply with the said rules and regulations.
23. RULINGS: The Tournament Director and his designated appointees shall reserve the right for rules interpretations and rulings thereof. Furthermore, the tournament committee reserves the right to change dates or sites of any given tournament. Any protest must be in writing, signed by the protestor, and filed within ten minutes after weigh-in. The decision of the tournament officials in all rulings shall be final. Any and all contestants are subject to a truth verification exam ( polygraph test), at the discretion of the tournament director or official. Failure to take and successfully complete this test is reason for disqualification and forfeit of all prizes from this and all future Anglers Dream events. All members agree to give Anglers Dream LLC permission to take and publish any photos and/or videos during any Anglers Dream events.