2021 Anglers Dream Rules and Regulations
2021 ANGLERS DREAM TEAM TOURNAMENT RULES & REGULATIONS
1. MEMBERSHIP: The Membership fee for 2021 will be $40 per person.
2. ENTRY FEE: The Entry Fee for each qualifying event will be $160.
3. SAFETY: Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard-approved life preserver whenever the combustion engine is operating. All boats must be equipped with an ignition kill switch. A lanyard is to be attached to the boat kill switch and operator any time the combustion engine is operating. Violation of this rule shall be a reason for disqualification.
4. SPORTSMANSHIP: Tournament competitors are expected to adhere to high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety, and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal possession or use of a controlled substance during the tournament or tournament functions will be grounds for disqualification from that event and all further Anglers Dream events. Any contestants cited during tournament hours for a violation of state, marine, fishing or conservation laws will be disqualified.
5. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures may be used. (No live or prepared bait will be allowed with the exception of pork strips, rinds, etc. Commercial fish attractants are allowed) Only one casting or spinning rod may be used at any time. Any competitor found to have in his possession equipment or baits not permitted will be disqualified.
6. HORSEPOWER REGULATIONS: Only Boats and Motors that are in compliance with the B.I.A. horsepower rating will be allowed to participate.
7. BASIC BOAT EQUIPMENT: Every boat must have all required Coast Guard safety equipment, in addition to a live-well properly aerated to adequately maintain a live five-bass team limit.
8. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Fishing on tournament waters is permitted anywhere except those areas designated off-limits on the day of the tournament or within 50 yards of another competitor’s boat which was first anchored. All angling must be done from the boat. Contestants may not depart the boat to retrieve a fish. The boat must remain in legal tournament waters on tournament days. Both team members must remain in the boat at all times except in the case of a dire emergency.
9. OFFICIAL CHECKPOINT: There shall be only one (1) official point for check out in the morning and check-in for the afternoon. At the time of check out, all boats are expected to be within full compliance of the rules.
10. SCORING: Tournament standing and final winners shall be determined by the pound and fraction of a pound of each teams catch during the day. Only largemouth, smallmouth, and spotted bass will be weighed. All contestants are bound by the prevailing statutes and regulations of the various states in which they fish. All bass must be caught live and in a conventional sporting manner. Any fish deemed caught foul hooked will not be weighed.
11. Possession Limit: At no time shall a contestant have more fish in possession than the designated limit for a team for the event. In the event that a team has more fish in their possession than the described limit, tournament officials shall cull the fish to the tournament limit starting with the largest fish down to the limit described.
12. Culling: The culling of fish is allowed unless otherwise prohibited by state law. Only non-piercing culling tags will be allowed. Any team found to be using piercing culling tags will be disqualified from this event.
13. DEAD FISH PENALTY: A penalty of one-half (1/2) of a pound will be deducted for each dead fish brought in at the time of weigh-in.
14. SHORT FISH PENALTY: Any fish presented for weigh-in by a contestant that fails to measure the minimum size limit designated for the event shall not be counted in the day's totals. In addition, the largest fish of that days catch for that team shall also be culled.
15. LATE PENALTY: Competitors who have not arrived at the appointed time shall be penalized one pound per each minute that they are late. Any team over ten minutes late will lose credit for that day's entire catch.
16. TIES: In the event of a tie, big bass will break stringer ties and heavy stringer will break big bass ties.
17. PAIRINGS: This is a “fish with your buddy” tournament. Two anglers per boat. Angling or non-angling guest are not permitted.
18. ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to anglers of either sex who are members of Anglers Dream. One member of each team must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. BASS Elite Series, FLW and Major League Fishing Touring Professional are not eligible to participate.
19. REGISTRATION: An official Anglers Dream entry form must be filled out and signed by both participants for each event they fish. At least one (1) member of the team must be present for the registration. Failure to register during the prescribed time shall result in loss of starting position and reassigned to the back of the field.
20. STARTING POSITIONS: Starting positions will be drawn at the pre-tournament meeting before each event. The starting positions for the Tournament of Champions will be computer drawn at 3:00 pm on September 17th.
21. SUBSTITUTION: To be considered an established team both members must fish together in at least three events. A team may have only 1 substitute per member during the season. This substitute must be a regular member of Anglers Dream. A Substitute is to be identified on the entry forms. A member may fish alone.
22. PER-TOURNAMENT PRACTICE: Practice or Scouting of fish will be allowed with the following exceptions. No fishing or boating will be allowed on the tournament waters on the day of the event from 12:01 AM. until the start of the event.
23. NO WAKE ZONES: All no-wake zones and areas are NO PASS zones unless the boat being passed is fishing, gives permission to pass, is inoperable or multiple boat lanes permit a different route to be taken.
24. COMPLIANCE: It shall be the sole responsibility of all entrants to comply with the said rules and regulations.
25. RULINGS: The Tournament Director and his designated appointees shall reserve the right for rules interpretations and rulings thereof. Furthermore, the tournament committee reserves the right to change dates or sites of any given tournament. Any protest must be in writing, signed by the protester, and filed in writing within ten minutes after weigh-in. The decision of the tournament officials in all rulings shall be final. Any and all contestants are subject to a truth verification exam (polygraph test), at the discretion of the tournament director or official. Failure to take and successfully complete this test is a reason for disqualification and forfeit of all prizes from this and all future Anglers Dream events.
26. QUALIFYING FOR 2020 TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS: To qualify for this event two entrants must be designated as a team on the entry forms for the qualifying events that they participated in. A member of a qualified team whose partner can't attend this event can join together with another qualified member to create an eligible team. They also must enter a minimum of five events during the season and must accumulate 160 or more points in their best five events in any one division. Points are accumulated in the following manner. Events with less than ten boats will receive 40 points for first place, 39 for second place, on down to 30. For tournaments over 10 teams, first place will be 30 points plus the number of teams participating. If there are 22 teams first place will be 52 points (30 plus 22) second place 51 and so on down. There will be a minimum of 30 awarded to any team that enters an event. The date and location of the 2021 Tournament of Champions will announced.
27. TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS ENTRY FEE: Entry fees for the Tournament of Champions will be $240 will be announced. No entries will be accepted after that time.
28. TOURNAMENT OF CHAMPIONS HEADQUARTERS: Will be Determined.
2021 Anglers of the Year:
The top three teams in points in the Anglers Dream overall standings will qualify for angler of the year.
The top team in points in any division that averages 5 to 14 boats will qualify
The top two teams in points in any division that averages 15 to 24 will qualify
The top three teams in points in any division that averages 25 to 34 points will qualify
The top four teams in total points in any single division that averages over 35 boats will qualify.
The winner will be determined by the highest finishing team in the tournament of champions from the list of qualified teams.
The Anglers of the Year will be awarded $500 and 2 plaques.
2021 Tournament of Champions Payback
(Payback based on an average of 10 boats per qualifying events & 100 entries in the championship)
1st Place $10,000
2nd Place $3,500
3rd Place $2,000
4th Place $1,500
5th Place $1,350
6th Place $1,200
7th Place $1,100
8th Place $1,050
9th Place $1,025
10th Place $1,000
11th Place $900
12th Place $ 800
13 thru 14 Place $700
15 thru 16 Place $600
17 thru 20 Place $500