Tournament of Champions
October 5th & 6th
Matt Hamilton & Zack Dyke
2018 Tournament of Champions Winners
and Anglers of the Year
Eric Novotny & Kyle Prskalo
2018 Tournament of Champions - Second Place
Tournament Champions Big Bass - 9.39 Pounds
Joe Morris & Greg Kiser
2018 Tournament of Champions - Third Place
2018 Tournament of Champions Rules and Regulations
To qualify for this event two entrants must be designated as a team on the entry forms for the qualifying events that they participated in. A member of a qualified team whose partner can't attend this event can join together with another qualified member to create an eligible team. To qualify a member must enter a minimum of five events during the season and must accumulate 160 or more points in their best five events in any one division. A qualified member can fish alone.
The 2018 Tournament of Champions will take place on Oct. 5th and 6th and will be held on Lake Chickamauga in Dayton, Tennessee. Entry fees for the Tournament of Champions will be $240 which includes first and second big bass entries for both days. There will be a mandatory pre-tournament check in for all contestants participating in the 2018 Tournament of Champions. Any teams that are late or don’t show will be penalized 30 minutes on their first day take off time.This will take place inside the Dayton Boat Dock Restaurant, 175 Lakeshore St, Dayton, TN 37321, on Thursday Oct 4, between 4 pm & 6 pm.
Entry fees must Be Paid No Later Than Friday, September 28, 2018 - 11:59 pm. No Entries will be accepted after that time. There will be no refunds after that time.
An Official Anglers Dream Tournament of Champions Entry Forms must be filled out in full and signed by all participants. Anglers Dream reserves the right to change the time and/or date of any event due to unsafe of unforeseen circumstances.
1. SAFETY: Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard approved life vest whenever the combustion engine is operating. All boats must be equipped with an ignition kill switch. A lanyard is to be attached to the boat kill switch and operator any time the combustion engine is operating.
2. SPORTSMANSHIP: Tournament competitors are expected to adhere to high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal possession or use of a controlled substance during the tournament or tournament functions will be grounds for disqualification from that event and all further Anglers Dream events. Any contestants cited for a violation of state, marine, fishing or conservation laws will be disqualified.
3. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures may be used. (No live or prepared bait will be allowed with the exception of pork strips, rinds, etc.) Commercial fish attractants are allowed. Only one casting or spinning rod may be used at any time.
4. BASIC BOAT EQUIPMENT: Every boat must have all required Coast Guard safety equipment, in addition to a live well properly aerated to adequately maintain a live five bass team limit. Only Boats and Motors that are in compliance with the B.I.A. horsepower rating will be allowed to participate.
5. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Fishing on Lake Chickamauga is permitted anywhere except those areas designated off limits on the day of the tournament or within 50 yards of another competitor’s boat which was first anchored. Competitors may not have any location reserved or saved by either another competitor or non-competitor during the event. All angling must be done from the boat. Contestants may not depart the boat to retrieve a fish. The boat must remain in legal tournament waters on tournament days. Both team members must remain in the boat at all times except in the case of dire emergency.
6. OFFICIAL CHECK POINT: There shall be only one (1) official point for check out in the morning (Blue Water Resort Boat Dock) and check in (Dayton Boat Dock) for the afternoon check in. At the time of check out all boats are expected to be within full compliance of the rules.
7. SCORING: Tournament standing and final winners shall be determined by the pound and fraction of a pound of each teams catch during the two days of the event. Only largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass will be weighed. All contestants are bound by the prevailing statutes and regulations of the state in which they are participating. All bass must be caught live and in a conventional sporting manner. Any fish deemed caught foul hooked will not be weighed. At no time shall a team have more than 5 fish in their boat during the event. In the event that a team has more fish in their possession than the described limit, tournament officials shall cull the fish starting with the largest fish down to the five fish tournament limit. No dead fish are to be culled during the event.
8. DEAD FISH PENALTY: A penalty of one-half (1/2) of a pound will be deducted for each dead fish brought in at the time of weigh-in. Dead fish will be ineligible for big bass awards.
9. ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to anglers of either sex who are members of Anglers Dream. One member of each team must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. B.A.S.S. elite series and FLW touring professionals are not eligible.
10. STARTING POSITIONS: Starting positions will be computer drawn at 10:00am September 29th and will be posted on line. There will be no refunds of entry fees after that time.
11. SUBSTITUTION: No substitutes allowed during the Tournament of Champions. Two qualified members may fish together and would be considered a qualified team.
12. PAIRINGS: This is a “fish with your buddy” tournament only two anglers per boat. Any other angling or non-angling persons are not permitted. The Anglers Dream Tournament Director Reserves the right to refuse entry of any person.
13. PRE-TOURNAMENT PRACTICE: Practice or Scouting of fish will be allowed until September 10th at 12:01am. After that time the lake will be off limits to all contestants until September 30, 7:00am. Pre fishing will be allowed from September 30, 7:00am to October 4, 3:30pm. No guides will be allowed at during that time. No fishing or boating will be allowed on the tournament waters from 3:30 pm October 4th until the start of the tournament. After day one weigh in, participants will not be allowed on tournament water until after 6:00am on day two. No fishing will be allowed on day two until after the teams designated take off time. There will be No fishing allowed in Richland Creek during the tournament.
14. NO WAKE ZONES: All no wake zones and areas are NO PASS zones unless the boat being passed is fishing, gives permission to pass, is inoperable.
15. SHORT FISH PENALTY: Any fish presented for weigh-in by a contestant that fails to measure the 15" minimum size limit shall not be counted in the days totals. In addition, the largest fish of that days catch for that team shall also be culled.
16. LATE PENALTY: Competitors who have not arrived at the appointed time shall be penalized one pound per each minute that they are late. Any team over ten minutes late will lose credit for that days entire catch.
17. TIES: In the event of a tie the tying teams will split the prizes.
18. BREAKDOWNS: In the case of a break down a team can get towed back to the ramp by another participating team. Prior to the tow both the teams involved must contact the tournament director 219-512-6581. Also both teams must remain in their boats and cease fishing until the tow is completed. The team being towed must ceased fishing for the remainder of the day. A team cannot change boats of transfer fish during the day and must return in the same boat that they had checked in that morning. The transferring of fish to another boat is not allowed. Any team transferring fish or allowing fish to be transferred to their boat will be disqualified. In case of a dire emergency call 911 first. TowBoatUS Phone Number 423-326-9768. Any competitors assisting another competitors with a broke down boat must contact the tournament director prior to assisting the other boat. If there is no phone service this is to be done as soon as possible.
19. COMPLIANCE: It shall be the sole responsibility of all entrants to comply with the said rules and regulations.
20. RULINGS: The Tournament Director reserve the right for rules interpretations and rulings thereof. Furthermore, the tournament committee reserves the right to change dates or sites of any given tournament. Any protest must be in writing, signed by the protestor, and filed within ten minutes after weigh-in. The decision of the tournament director in all rulings shall be final. Any and all contestants are subject to a truth verification exam (polygraph test), at the discretion of the tournament director or official. Failure to take and successfully complete this test is reason for disqualification and forfeit of all prizes from this and all future Anglers Dream events. All members agree to give Anglers Dream LLC permission to take and publish any photos and/or videos during any Anglers Dream events.
Tournament of Champions
Lake Chickamauga Will Be Off Limits to all participants from September 10 at 12:01am to September 30 at 7:00am
Pre-Fishing Will be AllowedFrom September 30 from 7:00am to October 4 at 3:30pm. No Guides Allowed During this time.
Oct. 4, 2018 - Between 4:00pm to 6:00pm
Late or No Shows Will Be Penalized 30 Minutes.
All Entry Fees ($240 Includes Big Bass and 2nd Big Bass Each Day) Must Be Paid No Later Than Friday, September 28, 2018 - 11:59pm. No Entries will be accepted after that time, there will be no refunds after that time.