2015 Singles Championship
White Lake, Whitehall, MI
Director: Stan Zatorski 219-512-6581
The Top Five at White Lake
From Left to Right: Al Shinabarger 5th Place: Denny Jones 3rd Place:
John Federnok 1st Place: Kyle Kaser 2nd Place: George Osha 4th Place
2015 Singles Results
2015 Singles Championship
Official Rules and Regulations
To qualify for the 2015 Anglers Dream Singles Championship an entrant must participate in a minimum of 5 qualifying events and accumulate 160 or more points. Points can be accumulated in either one division or a combination of any of the Anglers Dream singles divisions. Points are accumulated as follows. The winner of any qualifying event with less than 10 boats will receive 40 points. Second place finisher will receive 39 points, third place finisher 38 and on down. Participating anglers not weighing in any fish will receive 30 points. The winner in events that have over 10 participants will receive 30 points plus the number of participants. Each place after first will receive one less point than the participant that finished above them in the final standings for that event. All participants will be awarded a minimum of 30 points. There will be NO off limits. The 2015 Singles Championship will take place on September 26 & 27 on White Lake, Whitehall, MI. There will be a mandatory pre-tournament rules meeting on Friday September 25 at 5:00 PM at the Montague city boat ramp on White Lake. The tournament will commence at first safe light. Entry fee for the 2015 Anglers Dream Singles Championship will be $80 due by Friday September 18. Entries received after that will be charged a $20 late fee.
1. SAFETY: Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard approved life preserver whenever the combustion engine is operating. All boats must be equipped with an ignition kill switch. A lanyard is to be attached to the boat kill switch and operator any time the combustion engine is operating. Violation of this rule shall be reason for disqualification.
2. SPORTSMANSHIP: Tournament competitors are expected to adhere to high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal possession or use of a controlled substance during the tournament or tournament functions or any infraction of fundamental any violation of state, marine, fishing or conservation laws sporting principles will not be tolerated. Any violation of these basic rules may be deemed cause for disqualification from that event and all further Anglers Dream events.
3. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures may be used. (No live or prepared bait will be allowed with the exception of pork strips, rinds, etc. Commercial fish attractants are allowed). Only one casting or spinning rod, 8’ maximum length may be used at any time. Any competitor found to have in his/her possession equipment or baits not permitted will be disqualified.
4. HORSEPOWER REGULATIONS: Only Boats and Motors that are in compliance with the B.I.A. horsepower rating will be allowed to participate.
5. BASIC BOAT EQUIPMENT: Every boat must have all required Coast Guard safety equipment, in addition to a live well properly aerated to adequately maintain a live five bass limit.
6. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Fishing on tournament waters is permitted anywhere except those areas designated off limits on the day of the tournament or within 50 yards of another competitor’s boat which was first anchored. Lake Michigan is off limits. All angling must be done from the boat. Contestant may not depart the boat to retrieve a fish. The boat must remain in legal tournament waters on tournament days. Contestant must remain in the boat at all times except in the case of dire emergency.
7. OFFICIAL CHECK POINT: There shall be only one (1) official point for check out in the morning and check in for the afternoon. At the time of check out all boats are expected to be within full compliance of the rules.
8. SCORING: Tournament standing and final winner shall be determined by the pound and fraction of a pound of each teams catch during the day. Only largemouth and smallmouth will be weighed. All contestants are bound by the prevailing statutes and regulations of the state in which they are participating. All bass must be caught live and in a conventional sporting manner. Any fish deemed caught foul hooked will not be weighed. At no time shall a contestant have more fish in possession than the designated limit for a team for the event. In the event that a participant has more fish in their possession than the described limit, tournament officials shall cull the fish to the tournament limit starting with the largest fish down to the limit described.
9. DEAD FISH PENALTY: A penalty of one-half (1/2) of a pound will be deducted for each dead fish brought in at the time of weigh-in.
10. ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to anglers of either sex who are members of Anglers Dream. Participant must be eighteen (18) years of age or older.
11. REGISTRATION: An official Anglers Dream entry form must be filled out and signed for this event fished. Each contestant must be present for the registration for that event. Failure to register during the prescribed time shall result in loss of starting position and reassigned to the back of field.
12. PAIRINGS: This is a singles tournament trail. The registered contestant will be the only person allowed in their boat at any time during the event. Angling or non-angling guest are not permitted.
13. STARTING POSITIONS: Starting positions will be drawn at the mandatory pre-tournament meeting on September 25 at 5:00 PM at the Montague city boat ramp on White Lake.
14. PRE-TOURNAMENT PRACTICE: Practice or Scouting of fish will be allowed with the following exceptions. No fishing or boating will be allowed on the tournament waters after 4:30pm September 25 until the start of the tournament.
15. NO WAKE ZONES: All no wake zones and areas are NO PASS zones unless the boat being passed is fishing, gives permission to pass, is inoperable or multiple boat lanes permit a different route to be taken.
16. SHORT FISH PENALTY: Any fish presented for weigh-in by a contestant that fails to measure the minimum 14” size limit shall not be counted in the day’s totals. In addition, the largest fish of that days catch for that team shall also be culled.
17. LATE PENALTY: Competitors who have not arrived at the appointed time shall be penalized one pound per each minute that they are late. Any team over ten minutes late will lose credit for that days entire catch.
18. TIES: In the event of a tie, the prizes will be split between the teams the teams that tie.
19. COMPLIANCE: It shall be the sole responsibility of all entrants to comply with the said rules and regulations of both the State of Michigan and Anglers Dream..
20. RULINGS: The Tournament Director shall reserve the right for rules interpretations and rulings thereof. Furthermore, the tournament committee reserves the right to change dates or sites of any given tournament. Any protest must be in writing, signed by the protestor, and filed within ten minutes after weigh-in. The decision of the tournament officials in all rulings shall be final. Any and all contestants are subject to a truth verification exam (polygraph test), at the discretion of the tournament director or official. Failure to take and successfully complete this test is reason for disqualification and forfeit of all prizes from this and all future Anglers Dream events.
(Time changes may be necessary due to conditions)
Pre Tournament Schedule of Events:
Friday, September 18, 6:00pm: $80 entry fee due. Entries received after that will be assessed a $20 late fee.
Monday, September 21, 12:01am: No guides allowed until after the tournament.
Friday, September 25, 5:00pm: Mandatory pre-tournament rules meeting and drawing for starting positions at the Montague Boat Ramp on White Lake. White Lake is off limits to all contestants until the start of the tournament. No entries will be allowed after the start of the rules meeting. There will be a $20 Optional Big Bass Pot that will be collected at the meeting. Obtaining outside information about fishing White Lake and adjoining waters is not allowed until after the conclusion of the tournament.
Tournament Schedule of Events:
Saturday, September 26, 6:30am thru 7:30am: Pre Tournament check in and boat check at the Montague Boat Ramp.
Saturday, September 26, 7:45am: Take Off from the Montague Ramp on White Lake
Saturday, September 26, 4:00pm: Check in at the Montague Boat Ramp and the start of weigh-in.
Sunday, September 27, 6:30am thru 7:30am: Pre Tournament check in and boat check at the Montague Boat Ramp.
Sunday, September 27, 7:45am: Take Off from the Montague Ramp on White Lake
Sunday, September 27, 4:00pm: Check in at the Montague Boat Ramp and the start of weigh-in.