Mission StatementAnglers Dream mission is to provide the opportunity for fishermen of all levels and walks of life to compete in two man team bass tournaments on their local waters which will in turn qualify them for a major recognized year-end event.
Our vision is to provide credible competitive events where that the average angler knows he has a fair and equal chance to win and to offer the average fisherman the opportunity to participate in a Major Bass Fishing Championship.
Our inspiration is to offer anyone who has a dream to become a national champion a real chance to be one!!!!
We offer anglers a 90% payback at the ramp based on an entry fee of $110.00. The remanding 10% goes to our director for their work in running the tournament. We pay back 100% at our Tournament of Champions, which is collected at each tournament in the payment of $10 per team. If you compare this dollar to dollar entry fee to other tournaments you will not find a better value. The Anglers Dream 2010 Tournament of Champions Paid out over $22,000 to a 90 boat field with over $9,200 cash going to the first place finisher. It is anticipated in 2011 this event will pay out over $27,000 with a first place purse of $10,000 or more.
If you are interested in directing and starting a division in your
area we offer our directors several benefits that include:
We also provide for our directors a scale, bags and golden rule so that they have the tools ready to run a tournament. I hope I have interested you to contact me for more information and would love to answer any questions you may have.
Please feel free to contact me via email firstname.lastname@example.org or 219-512-6581 to see for yourself what we have to offer.
1. SAFETY: Safe boating conduct must be observed at all times. Each competitor is required to wear a Coast Guard approved life preserver whenever the combustion engine is operating. All boats must be equipped with an ignition kill switch. A lanyard is to be attached to the boat kill switch and operator any time the combustion engine is operating. Violation of this rule shall be reason for disqualification.
2. SPORTSMANSHIP: Tournament competitors are expected to adhere to high standards of sportsmanship, courtesy, safety and conservation. Any infraction of these fundamental sporting principles may be deemed cause for disqualification. Consumption of alcoholic beverages or illegal possession or use of a controlled substance during the tournament or tournament functions will be grounds for disqualification from that event and all further Anglers Dream events. Any contestants cited for a violation of state, marine, fishing or conservation laws will be disqualified.
3. TACKLE AND EQUIPMENT: Only artificial lures may be used. (No live or prepared bait will be allowed with the exception of pork strips, rinds, etc. Commercial fish attractants are allowed) Only one casting or spinning rod, 8’ maximum length may be used at any time. Any competitor found to have in his possession equipment or baits not permitted will be disqualified.
4. HORSEPOWER REGULATIONS: Only Boats and Motors that are in compliance with the B.I.A. horsepower rating will be allowed to participate.
5. BASIC BOAT EQUIPMENT: Every boat must have all required Coast Guard safety equipment, in addition to a live well properly aerated to adequately maintain a live five bass team limit.
6. PERMITTED FISHING LOCATIONS: Fishing on tournament waters is permitted anywhere except those areas designated off limits on the day of the tournament or within 50 yards of another competitor’s boat which was first anchored. All angling must be done from the boat. Contestants may not depart the boat to retrieve a fish. The boat must remain in legal tournament waters on tournament days. Both team members must remain in the boat at all times except in the case of dire emergency.
7. OFFICIAL CHECK POINT: There shall be only one (1) official point for check out in the morning and check in for the afternoon. At the time of check out all boats are expected to be within full compliance of the rules.
8. SCORING: Tournament standing and final winners shall be determined by the pound and fraction of a pound of each teams catch during the day. Only largemouth, smallmouth and spotted bass will be weighed. All contestants are bound by the prevailing statutes and regulations of the state in which they are participating. All bass must be caught live and in a conventional sporting manner. Any fish deemed caught foul hooked will not be weighed. At no time shall a contestant have more fish in possession than the designated limit for a team for the event. In the event that a team has more fish in their possession than the described limit, tournament officials shall cull the fish to the tournament limit starting with the largest fish down to the limit described.
9. DEAD FISH PENALTY: A penalty of one-half (1/2) of a pound will be deducted for each dead fish brought in at the time of weigh-in.
10. ELIGIBILITY: Participation is open to anglers of either sex who are members of Anglers Dream. One member of each team must be eighteen (18) years of age or older. Anglers Dream LLC reserves to right to accept or decline any memberships.
11. REGISTRATION: An official Anglers Dream entry form must be filled out and signed by both participants for each event they fish. At least one (1) member of the team must be present for the registration. Failure to register during the prescribed time shall result in loss of starting position and reassigned to the back of field.
12. STARTING POSITIONS: Starting positions will be drawn at the mandatory pre tournament meeting at that event.
13. PAIRINGS: This is a “fish with your buddy”
tournament. Two anglers per boat. Angling or non-angling guest are not
15. PRE-TOURNAMENT PRACTICE: Practice or Scouting of fish will be allowed with the following exceptions. No fishing or boating will be allowed on the tournament waters on the day of the event from 12:01 A.M. until the start of the event.
16. NO WAKE ZONES: All no wake zones and areas are NO PASS zones unless the boat being passed is fishing, gives permission to pass, is inoperable or multiple boat lanes permit a different route to be taken.
17. SHORT FISH PENALTY: Any fish presented for weigh-in by a contestant that fails to measure the minimum size limit designated for the event shall not be counted in the days totals. In addition, the largest fish of that days catch for that team shall also be culled.
18. LATE PENALTY: Competitors who have not arrived at the appointed time shall be penalized one pound per each minute that they are late. Any team over ten minutes late will lose credit for that days entire catch.
19. TIES: In the event of a tie, big bass will break stringer ties and heavy stringer will break big bass ties.
20. COMPLIANCE: It shall be the sole responsibility of all entrants to comply with the said rules and regulations.
21. RULINGS: The Tournament Director and his designated appointees shall reserve the right for rules interpretations and rulings thereof. Furthermore, the tournament committee reserves the right to change dates or sites of any given tournament. Any protest must be in writing, signed by the protestor, and filed within ten minutes after weigh-in. The decision of the tournament officials in all rulings shall be final. Any and all contestants are subject to a truth verification exam ( polygraph test), at the discretion of the tournament director or official. Failure to take and successfully complete this test is reason for disqualification and forfeit of all prizes from this and all future Anglers Dream events. All members agree to give Anglers Dream LLC permission to take and publish any photos and/or videos during any Anglers Dream events.
To qualify for this event two entrants must be designated as a team on the entry forms for the qualifying events that they participated in. They also must enter a minimum of five events during the season and must accumulate 160 or more points in their best five events in any one division. Points are accumulated in the following manner. Events with less then ten boats will receive 40 points for first place, 39 for second, on down to 30. For tournaments over 10 teams, first place will be 30 points plus the number of teams participating. If there are 22 teams first place will be 52 points (30 plus 22) second place 51 and so on down. There will be a minimum of 30 awarded to any team that enters an event. Entry fees for the Tournament of Champions will be $160 due by Sept. 14. Entries received after Sept 14 will be assessed a $40 late fee. The 2012 Tournament of Champions will take place on Sept. 21 and Sept. 22 and will be held on Kentucky Lake. The tournament headquarters for the event will be the KenLake Marina. Weigh in will be at the pavilion in the KenLake State Park Tennis Court Area. There will be NO off limits. There will be a mandatory pre tournament meeting on Thursday Sept. 20 at 5:00 pm inside the KenLake State Park Tennis Court facility, dinner will be provided. No entries will be allowed after that time.
Q: Do I have to pay membership fees to fish in Anglers Dream tournaments?A: YES, a yearly membership is required. A regular membership fee is $30 - $60 per team. Nomads membership is $40 - $80 per team. An associate fee of $20 per tournament entitles a person to substitute for a regular member one time.
Q: What is the membership fee used for?A: Most of the membership fee covers the expenses of the web site, insurance and marketing the events with a remaining portion pooled into the Tournament of Champions prize fund.
Q: How do I qualify for the Tournament of Champions?A: To qualify for this event two entrants must be designated as a team on the entry forms for the qualifying events that they participated in. They also must participate in a minimum of three events together. This team must accumulate 160 or more points in five events or less in any one division. Points are accumulated as following. The winner of a qualifying event that has over 20 teams participating will receive 55 points, second place 54, third 53, and fourth 52 so forth down to 30 points. The winner of an event with 19 boats or less will receive 50 points, second place 49, and third place 48 so forth down to 30 points.
Q: Is there a seprate entry fee for the Tournament of Champions?
A. Entry fees for teams qualifying for the Tournament of Champions will be $140.
Q: How is the location of the Tournament of Champions determined?
A. The Anglers Dream staff chooses the site. Special efforts are made to have a neutral site..
Q: Can a non-tournament fisherman benefit from the site?A: Yes definately!! They can use to access different information on bodies of water plus tactics used by the top fishermen.